This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Comments & Complaints

elderly_manWe make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

If you have any complaints about the service that you have received from the doctors or staff working for this practice, you are entitled to ask for an explanation. We operate an informal “in-house” complaints procedure to deal with your complaints. This procedure does not deal with matters of legal liability or compensation.


  • In some cases the “in-house” procedure is not an appropriate form of investigation, in which case you will be referred to NHS England at  or on 0300 311 2233 or postal address: NHS England, PO Box 16738, REDDITCH, B97 9PT or for independent complaints contact Dorset Advocacy 13-15 Jubilee Court, Paceycombe Way, Poundbury, Dorchester DT1 3AE  0300 343 7000  
  • The in-house procedure does not affect your right to make a formal complaint to one of the above  if you wish. Nor does it affect your right to seek compensation in law.

Your complaint should be addressed, in the first instance, to the Senior Partner or the Practice Manager who will either deal with it personally or forward it to the appropriate member of staff.

The delegated member of staff will assess the complaint and if the practice procedure is appropriate, a full investigation will take place. A meeting will be arranged in order to advise the complainant of the outcome if appropriate.

If the complaint is unresolved the complainant has the right to complain to one of the above addresses or the Health Service Ombudsman.

We are continually striving to improve our service. If you have any suggestions regarding the service provided, write to the Senior Partner who will pass on your letter to the appropriate member of staff. Alternatively, place your written suggestion in our suggestions box in the waiting room.


The Health Service Ombudsman in England

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website contains detailed information on raising a complaint about any aspect of the NHS in England.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website